Terms & Conditons
Orders & Order Summary
- When filling in an order form the User is required to read and accept these terms and conditions.
- Once the Provider (The Block Shop) receives the order form filled out by the "User' (the Customer) they will generate an order summary based on those details including delivery and personalised custom engraving if necessary.
- The User may confirm this order by paying in full and sending a proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org . Only on receipt of proof of payment, will the order will be processed.
- Order summary's are based on the information filled in by the User on an order form. It is up to the User to check the order summary details are correct and by paying in full they confirm accuracy of the order.
- A tax invoice will only be generated once the order summary has been paid in full. This will be sent to the User on reflection of payment.
- The Block Shop is an online retailer and does not have a physical retail store. Deliveries are door to door ie. to the address supplied by the User. If the User is not available at the time of delivery, the parcel will be left with someone at the property who will be required to sign receipt eg. staff.
- The Block Shop cannot deliver to P.O. Boxes.
- All products will incur a delivery fee.
- Delivery charges are worked out on a volumetric basis and is dependant on which item/s the User orders. This price will be added to the users order summary.
- Subject to stock availability and detail of custom design engraving, orders will be dispatched within 5 to 7 days of confirmed order with payment in full. Delivery will take 24 to 72 hours after dispatch.
- Should a package not be delivered to the User through reasons beyond the Providers control e.g. no-one on premises/unable to answer calls/invalid or incomplete address, the Provider will attempt a second delivery and the User will be contacted directly to make arrangements for delivery. If the User is still unreachable the parcel will be returned to The Block Shop to await further word from the User. The Block Shop will reserve the right to charge delivery the next time the parcel is dispatched. The original delivery fee will not be refunded.
- The User will be notified of dispatch along with a tracking number.
- International deliveries will be quoted for individually. The Block Shop takes no responsibility for the parcel once it leaves South Africa. International customs charges will be billed to the User and are not included in the International delivery quote. It is up to the User to consult with customs of their own country for this cost.
Once the User has filled out an order form, an order summary will be emailed to the email address provided by the User. Two options will be given to the User for payment. Payment may be made via EFT with the bank details given on the order summary or should the User wish to pay with credit card they will receive a link directly from Payfast where they can do a secure credit card payment. For more information on Payfast click here
Availability of Stock
Please note that stock of the products on this website are subject to demand. If there is a delay with stock the User will be notified at the time of Order summary.
Returns and Exchanges
- If you are not thrilled with your order upon delivery due to a manufacturing fault, damage or wrong product delivered, let us know within 3 days of receiving your parcel and we will happily replace the product at our expense, provided it is in the original packaging with all it's accessories.
- Depending on circumstances we will access the product and send you a new one or give a refund.
- Return requests will be approved at the discretion of The Block Shop.
- Returns due to buyers remorse will not be refunded.
- Products will not be eligible for return if they have been partially or entirely disassembled or physically altered including product that has been damaged by the User.
- If the purchase has a custom engrave and the details are incorrect due to fault of The Block Shop, we will gladly replace the product with the correct engraving detail. If the customer failed to check the order summary and notify us, no refund will be made for incorrect custom engraving details.
A cooling off period applies to standard purchases provided the product has not been dispatched. The Block Shop reserves the right to refund the money in this case less the cost of admin or bank charges. Custom engraved made to order items may not be cancelled once order is confirmed and payment has been made in full.
- Custom engraved orders must be submitted in an order form or in writing. It is up to the User to check that the details are correct in the order summary. Incorrect engraving detail will not be refunded if the User has not checked the order summary correctly before confirming the order.
Limitation of Liability
Any cost, expense, loss, liability or claim suffered or incurred by the User arising out of or in connection with any item purchased off www.theblockshop.co.za will be limited to the price paid for the item purchased.
Copy Right and Intellectual Property
The Block shop retains all copyright and other rights to product development, images, listings, information and services and is protected by South African and International copy right laws. A User is not granted license or any other right including without limitation under Copyright or other Intellectual Property Rights in or to the content. Exploitation of the protected property without prior written consent is strictly prohibited by The Block Shop.
Products purchased from The Block Shop or www.theblockshop.co.za are for personal use or gifts and are not for resale or retail anywhere else whether in South Africa or abroad.
Update of Terms and Conditions
Changes and edit's may be made to our terms and conditions without notice. It is the User's obligation to check them periodically and read them each time they place an order. On placing an order, the User will be required to read the t's and c's and accept them on the order form.